Southern Arkansas University Tech's Financial Aid Office is here to help YOU seek funds for college! Our offices are located in the Administration Building on the main campus, and we are available for walk-in assistance. Please let us know how we can help you complete the FAFSA and SAU Tech Scholarship Applications. Call us at 870-574-4511.
Check out the "How-To" section for video resources on completing your FAFSA Application!
- US Department of Education Loan Forgiveness Information
There is some new guidance on the Federal Loan Forgiveness Program recently announced by the US Department of Education.
- Applications will be available online by early October 2022
- Once the application is submitted, you will get a confirmation email from the Dept. of Ed.
- Your loan servicer will inform you when the relief has been applied to your account.
- If a current FAFSA application is on file, you DO NOT have to complete an application. You will receive an email and text message from the Dept. of Ed. alerting you of your status.
- The amount forgiven will range from $10,000 to $20,000. It depends on income and if you received Pell while in college. You will receive less if you are eligible for the $10,000 relief but only have $5,000 in student loan debt. You WILL NOT GET A CHECK FOR ANY AMOUNT.
- Your monthly payment will be recalculated based on the new balance if you have a remaining loan balance after applying for the relief. This could reduce monthly payments.
How to prepare:
- Go to www.studentaid.gov and make sure your contact information is correct.
- If you don't have a studentaid.gov account (FSA ID), you should create one to access loan information.
Remember, no loans after July 2022 will be eligible. If you are a student and have taken out a loan for the fall, it WILL NOT be included in this program.
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Summer Office Hours
Monday - Thursday
7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
P.O. Box 3499
Camden, AR 71711
Log in to Campus Connect to check your financial aid status online.
The first Loan Disbursement, Pell grant, AR Challenge, and other scholarship refunds for Spring 2023 will be ready on the dates below. Be aware that the most efficient way to receive your refund is by direct deposit. Direct Deposit Authorization forms are available in the Business Office and under Student Forms in MyCollege at www.sautech.edu. It is not necessary to submit a new form if your direct deposit information previously submitted is still correct.
The completed direct deposit form must be received in the Business Office by February 13 in order for your refund to be ready on February 22. If the form is submitted after February 13, the direct deposit may be later.
If you are eligible to receive a Pell, Loan or scholarship refund, they will be distributed as follows:
Direct Deposit Wednesday, February 22
Paper Checks Wednesday, March 1 - You may pick up your check in the Business Office with a PHOTO ID. No checks are mailed on this date.
Business Office hours: Mon – Thurs 7:30 – 5:00
Friday 7:30 – 11:30
There may be later Loan disbursements as stated in your award letter. Refunds for later loan disbursements will be available 5-7 business days following the disbursement date.
Scholarships can be an important part of paying for a college education. Check out our Scholarship page to learn more about the opportunities available to you.
Forms of Financial Aid
Important Information about the FAFSA:
When completing the FAFSA (Federal Application for Federal Student Aid), the Financial Aid Office strongly encourages you and your parents (if required) to select the IRS Data Retrieval Option. Choosing not to use this tool could result in a delay to your Financial Aid Award. You can now file your FAFSA as early as October 1 as the federal government is allowing the use of tax information from the current year. This reduces the need to wait until after taxes are filed in the spring. Get an early start! If you have any questions or want more information, please contact the Financial Aid Office. Apply Here!
Federal School Code
Fall: July 1
Spring: November 15
Summer: April 15
Forms and scholarship applications can be e-mailed to you upon request. Please contact our office.
Student Loan Information
Check out our resource about student loans in partnership with the Arkansas Student Loan Authority!
Policies and Procedures
Private Loan Information
Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver is granted to SAU Tech students sixty (60) years of age or older and covers the cost of tuition and fees for classes taken each semester.