The SAU Tech Scholars Program is designed to challenge and prepare students who are seeking to gain more from their college experience. The Tech Scholars Program provides an opportunity for students to participate in a program that promotes peer-to-peer learning outside of the traditional classroom and freedom of expression during teacher to student and student to teacher interactions. Leadership skills are developed through service projects on campus as well as the local community.
Tech Scholars Program Benefits
- Small class size
- Engaged & motivated peers
- One-on-one faculty mentoring
- Tech Scholars lounge access
- Social involvement with other Tech Scholars that creates a “family” experience on campus
- Scholarship available for a portion of campus housing provided by SAU Tech Foundation donors
- Development of leadership skills and strong co-curricular experience through service to the community
Tech Scholars Program Eligibility
The program is competitive, and eligibility is based on the following criteria:
- A 20 composite ACT (or equivalent score on alternate college entrance exam) and a 3.25 GPA from high school.
- Written work (300 words maximum) based on one of the two writing prompts:
- 1. What two classes should every college student take? Why?
- 2. Describe a current social problem or issue that you consider important. Explain why.
Applying for the Tech Scholars Program
If you are already enrolled to attend SAU Tech or you are currently attending, you can contact your advisor to see if you are eligible for the program. If you have not yet enrolled, but are interested in applying for the Tech Scholars Program, you can fill out the application on this page or call 870.574.4530 to determine if you are eligible for the program. In addition to the Tech Scholars Application, you must fill out an application for SAU Tech Scholarships to be considered for the program.
The application deadline is May 1
Students who apply to the Tech Scholars program will still need to apply to the college itself. The application for admission to SAU Tech is also at www.sautech.edu. Once accepted as a Tech Scholar, expectations are set high for students. In addition to maintaining a 3.25 GPA, students are required to be involved in organizations on campus. Service learning is a key component to the program, and opportunities will be provided both on the SAU Tech campus and also in the surrounding community to serve.
Get in Touch
Tech Scholars Program Director
Dean of Enrollment Services