Welcome to SAU Tech’s Campus Life! We want to share with you some information about the resources available to you as a student at Southern Arkansas University Tech. Below we provide a list of supports and activities that can help you be successful during your time with us.
- Student Success (Tutoring, Student Employment, Career Placement, Retention Services, Library Services)
- Student Activities
- Student Organizations
- International Admissions
- Tech Diner
- Baptist Collegiate Ministries
- Campus Police
- Student Housing
- Rocket Athletics
Community businesses support SAU Tech’s students through providing special discounts. Students must present a valid SAU Tech Student ID to obtain a discount.
- 10% discount at Andy’s
- 10% discount at McDonald’s
- 10-20% discount off any pizza – Pizza Hut (Check Pizza Hut’s website for participating locations)
- Free non-alcoholic beverage with any purchase – Postmaster’s Grill
- 10% discount – Subway (both Subway’s in Camden)
- 10% discount – The Box Car
- 5% discount – The Donut Palace
- Free walking games when open – Highland Golf Course
SAU Tech has on-campus and off-campus housing for about 100 students. The College is located in the small town of East, Camden and students have access to banks, golf course, and convenience stores. Just a short drive into Camden provides shopping, dining and access to the Ouachita River for recreation. SAU Tech is located within an hour and 45-minute drive to Little Rock, Hot Springs, and Texarkana.
The campus is inside the Highland Industrial Park and sits next to the Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Academy. The Park is home to Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control, General Dynamics, Aerojet Rocketdyne, and more. The connection with companies in the Park makes SAU Tech one of the best places to train for high-paying careers. SAU Tech provides the small hometown feel on a college campus which provides the perfect place for you to be a successful student.
SAU Tech was a family for me. I learned so much about myself and how to be a leader.Blaise McKelvin