SAU TECH COVID-19 RESPONSE UPDATES
SAU Tech is participating in a temporary mask requirement. Masks must be worn indoors on the SAU Tech campus.
COVID-19 Procedure Updates
As of August 12, 2021, the SAU System Risk Management Task Force unanimously recommended that we temporarily require facemasks for all indoor spaces. This precaution will extend to the entire SAU System.
As the Covid-19 variant increases and our hospitals are stretched for resources, we feel it only prudent to do everything we can to keep one another safe. Facemasks will be required in all indoor spaces, including classrooms, residence halls, shared offices, when in transit inside buildings, and in the cafe.
Students in personal residence hall rooms are not required to wear masks when only in the presence of suitemates or roommates. When gathering in shared public spaces within residence halls or when gathered with visitors or non-roommates, we ask that students mask up to protect one another.
We want to maintain a vibrant college experience as much as possible this fall.
- Course delivery will continue as scheduled.
- Visitors will be allowed in residence halls.
- Athletic activities will continue as planned.
- Student activities will continue as planned.
- We will maintain scheduled events this fall to every extent possible as we begin another year of “monitor and adjust.”
We ask that everyone wash their hands and use hand sanitizer. Wear facemasks off-campus and avoid crowded spaces. If you have a fever, stay at home and call your instructor or Shelley Young at 870-574-4475.
Southern Arkansas University Tech (SAU Tech) developed this plan through a committee planning process to respond to the situation created by the COVID-19 pandemic. The guidelines are reflective of the recommendations for higher education institutions set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), guidance from the American College Health Association, and the Arkansas Department of Health. SAU Tech is following the Arkansas Department of Health Directive for re-opening of businesses that were updated on June 15, 2020.
Prevention of the spread of COVID-19 starts with recognizing the signs and symptoms of the virus. The College acknowledges the (CDC) Centers for Disease Control's List of Symptoms for COVID-19: Most frequent symptoms associated with COVID-19 (other signs and no symptoms are possible) that develop 2-14 days after exposure:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Some people may experience some or all of the listed symptoms, and some of the population will exhibit no symptoms (asymptomatic). The CDC also states that other signs may present in addition to the ones listed above.
- Masks: Students are asked to wear masks in common areas such as hallways, bathrooms, and when visiting offices on campus. Students are required to wear masks during classes at SAU Tech.
- Sanitation: Students practice good personal hygiene by cleaning their hands multiple times a day and using hand sanitizer available in offices and on campus. The College's water fountains are not available for use during the pandemic.
Things to know before the semester begins:
- Bring masks with you to the campus and wear them as directed above.
- All students are required to get a student ID and wear it on a lanyard while on campus. Get your student ID in the Rocket Success Center/Library. Students will have 1 week from the time classes start to obtain their ID.
- If you live on campus, the housing director will provide more instructions before your arrival. Check your school email.
- SAU Tech is going to start the semester with a normal class delivery. This may change at any time. The changes will be communicated through your SAU Tech student email, the College's website, and by your course instructors.
- Sign-up for RAVE alerts. This is the system we use for emergency communications (weather, campus incidents, electrical outages, etc.) Use your school email to set up your account. We share the system with SAU Magnolia, and your email identifies you as an SAU Tech student so that you receive the correct messages.
- Persons visiting SAU Tech or providing services to or at the College must wear a mask when entering buildings
SAU Tech continues to follow the direction of the State of Arkansas as it relates to business operations and resources are available at https://arkansasready.com/.
STUDENT Updates - ACADEMICS & student services
CLASS MEETING CHANGES
All changes in the times or days that classes meet will be communicated to students by their individual course instructors.
For general admission and advising information email email@example.com
Fall class finals are being proctored at SAU Tech. Please schedule your exam time through our online link. Schedule Your Test
Courtney Haygood, Director
Financial Aid (FAFSA, Scholarships, Loans, Etc.)
Student Accounts-Business Office
Information for High School Career Academy, Arkansas Fire Training Academy and Arkansas Environmental Training Academy
Arkansas Fire Training Academy
Rachel Nix, Director
Arkansas Environmental Training Academy
Update from Randy Harper on April 23, 2020.
SAU Tech Adult Ed Centers
The Centers in Magnolia and Camden are open to students and visitors by appointment Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am - 5:30 pm. All persons entering the locations must wear a mask at all times.