SAU Tech CARES Act Information

graphic that says taking care of our students

As part of the US CARES Act, SAU Tech is receiving funds to distribute to students who meet the US Department of Education's requirements. These emergency relief funds are to help alleviate some of the hardship that has occurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The requirements to be eligible to receive funds as an SAU Tech student are listed below.

  • Degree-seeking students
  • Eligible for Title IV aid (This is determined by the students' completion of the FAFSA)
  • Students could not be enrolled exclusively in online classes before March 13, 2020.
  • The relief fund is for students who incurred expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus.

The US Department of Education mandates that SAU Tech obtain documentation from students that shows how the COVID-19 created a hardship. SAU Tech is meeting this requirement by sending a link to an electronic form to students who meet the criteria listed above.

SAU Tech is meeting this requirement by sending a link to an electronic form to students who meet the criteria listed above.

Students will receive the link to the electronic form in an email from Dr. Jason Morrison, SAU Tech's Chancellor, to their SAU Tech email account. The deadline to submit the form for spring is May 29, 2020. The contacts for more information are listed at the bottom of this page. 

SAU Tech is distributing 75 percent of the CARES Act funds for students in May and the remaining 25 percent for students enrolled in summer classes.