In addition to the general entrance requirements for freshmen and transfer students, international students must meet additional requirements that have been established by SAU Tech and/or the U.S. Student and Exchange Visitor Program. For information on these requirements, international students may contact the student services office.
All international applicants who apply for admission must follow the following procedures in addition to those listed on the admissions page:
First-Time Entering Students:
- Completed Application For Admission received by SAU Tech at least ninety (90) days prior to date of expected enrollment.
- Evidence of the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English sufficiently to enable successful completion of college level courses. This may be accomplished by providing proof of a score of 500 or higher on the paper-based TOEFL or 173 or higher on the computerized TOEFL or 61 or higher Internet based TOEFL; proof of successful completion of Level 109 at an ELS Language Center, or its equivalent; or provide evidence that English is the native language of the country of origin. .
- College entrance examination/placement score reports ( ACT, SAT, ASSET or COMPASS). .
- Medical history reports and MMR (Mumps/Measles/Rubella) immunization certificate and any other health certificates as required by state or federal regulations.
- Documentation of health insurance coverage and a commitment to continue to have adequate medical insurance, including repatriation provision, during enrollment at SAU Tech.
- Certified documentation of high school completion at the "Regular" level. The documentation must be presented in English.
- Certified transcripts of all secondary school and college credit. The certified transcripts must be presented in English.
- Placement test scores must be presented as part of the admission process, or the student must be prepared to take a placement test before the first registration at SAU Tech.
- Documentation of financial ability adequate to pay the costs of living and attending school at SAU Tech.
- A $10.00 postage and handling fee for sending admissions material outside the United States. Do Not Send Cash.
Arkansas Requirements for Unconditional Admission:
- Graduated from an accredited high school before May 1, 2002.
- Received a GED certificate before May 1, 2002
- Received a GED certificate after May 1, 2002 and scored a composite of 19 on the ACT or the equivalent score on the SAT, ASSET, or COMPASS.
- Graduated from an accredited public high school in Arkansas after May 1, 2002, successfully completed the core curriculum as established by the Arkansas State Board of Education.
- Graduated from an accredited public high school outside of Arkansas after May 1, 2002 and successfully completed the courses that are included in the core curriculum as established by the Arkansas State Board of Education.
- Graduated from a private high school after May 1 , 2002, and scored a composite of 19 on ACT or the equivalent score on the SAT, ASSET, or COMPASS.
- Students who completed their education in a home school environment will be required to attain a GED and will be evaluated using the GED criteria.
Conditional admission does not mean that a student is prevented from enrolling for the purpose of obtaining a degree or a certificate offered by SAU Tech. It does mean that a student must complete specific requirements before he/she will be permitted to continue in his/her chosen degree or certificate path.
Applicants who are eligible for admission to SAU Tech, but do not satisfy one of the preceding requirements for unconditional admission, will be admitted conditionally. Those who are admitted conditionally must successfully complete, within the first 30 semester hours, the requirements of condition appropriate for the chosen degree or certificate. Successful completion is defined as obtaining a passing grade in the required courses and maintaining a 2.00 grade point average in those courses on a 4.00 scale.
Meet the Staff
Vice Chancellor for Student Services