SAU Tech Police Department
870.574.4517 - Emergency
870.818.6353 - Non-Emergency
Welcome to the SAU Tech Police Department! The college’s police department is under the direction of Boyd Good, Interim Chief of Police for the Southern Arkansas University System, and SAU Tech’s Office of Student Services.
The SAU Tech Police Department is manned by fully trained law enforcement officers and provides protection and enforcement for the college’s campus. For immediate assistance call 870.574.4517
Local Emergency Numbers
- Air-Evac (Helicopter Emergency Service): 870.574.0997 or 1.800.247.3822
- Fire: 870.574.2413
- Highland Ambulance: 870.574.3650
- Ouachita County Hospital Ambulance: 870.836.3650
Emergencies - How to Call for Help
If you are on campus call 4517 for campus police. If you can't reach anyone at these numbers, call 231.5300 for the Ouachita County Sheriff or 870.798.2323 for the Calhoun County Sheriff. For ambulance service, call 574.3650. For fire department, call 836.2413.
When dialing off campus, the prefix 9 must be dialed with all off campus numbers. When dialing on campus numbers, dial only the last four numbers (e.g., 4517).
Information Needed When Calling for Help
What type of help is needed (e.g., fire, police, ambulance, etc.). For a medical emergency on campus, generally request both an ambulance and campus police.
- Where the emergency situation is, ie. building, floor and room number or location.
- Phone number from which you are calling.
- What happened (e.g., overdose, fall, fire, etc.).
- How many persons need help?
- What is being done for the victim?
NOTE: Let the person you called hang up the telephone first; you hang up last. If you must leave the phone, leave the phone off the hook so that the call can be traced.
Sign up to receive emergency notifications with our Rave Alert